Monday 14 March 2011

A Few Experiments For My Poster

I've used a few of my images from experiments which i carried out to create a few different poster designs and layouts. Some of them i'm not as keen on as others.


This one was created from the cut away experiment i did. I think that its quite effective however im not that keen on the computerized type at the bottom of the page.


I think the poster is quite effective, using the folded book image. I tried using the grid structure idea to create it, and also altered the opacity of the '100' section.

These two posters are based upon one of the posters shown on a slide in one of the lessons. I quite like it and think it was improved by making the images more see through.


 Then i went on to place the folded book image within my text, i'm really pleased with how this looks and want to develop it further by adding extra elements which add to the grid structure.


I added the lines which help with the grid structure and add an extra element. I also started looking at the colour of the type, whether to have only certain parts coloured or all of it. Then finally i placed the gf smith logo in the bottom right hand corner, i experimented putting it in others places (shown in my sketchbook) but overall i preferred it in the right corner.


I think this poster design has a good balance with the colour and grid structure, i wanted to use a orangey / yellow colour as it tones in with the image within the '100' section.

No comments:

Post a Comment