Wednesday 2 March 2011

Inspiration For My Final Piece

Here are just a few images/examples of primary research towards my final piece which have given me inspiration.


I found this image and thought it was amazing, how the ice has formed a ball but still keeping the sharp pointy properties which ice has.


This again creates a ball shape with its delicate and fragile form in contrast to its sharp and spikey needle like arms.


This imagery shows good use of repetition creating different shapes images and formations.






The planets relate to my idea for hanging my final pieces, different sizes and forms hanging at different levels.


Known for being expensive and beautiful they are made up of sharp, pointy and rugged edges.







These diamonds are multifaceted which is a look i would like to achieve in my completed 3d design.

Stars, crystals, diamonds and ice, all with their own sharp angles and straight lines produce some spectacular 3D images. Whilst looking at potential 3D paper sculpture i was struck by the resemblance of those made up of triangular shapes, with the stars, diamonds etc and this led me to work on similar lines to produce my finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment