Thursday 3 March 2011

Final Piece In The Making

From my sketchbook work and research I have developed my final idea and decided to use a net to form the star like 3D object. It is made up of many triangles which fit together to form a ball. I experimented first with very thin printing paper so i could get a feel for how it was going to fit together and if it would actually look how i wanted it to.






I was really pleased with how it turned out so then decided that it would look more effective and much sturdier if it was in a thicker paper or even card. Also for my final piece i am wanting to have several of these star shapes in a variation of sizes so i will need to make my net bigger and smaller to achieve this.


This is a view of my nets, there are 4 separate sections which fit together to form one large net. This image is my first attempt at using a thinker paper/card and at this point already i could tell it was going to be alot easier to put together as it is much stronger and will hold the creases and folds tighter.


This is a plan view of my net i am using for my final piece, i am going to be using 3 different sizes though which i hope will create a nice effect.

I thought I'd take a quick photograph of one of my 'stars' part way through sticking it together, i quite enjoyed this part of the process as i felt i was actually achieving something.

No comments:

Post a Comment